ACADEMIC GOOD NEWS!
Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka (UNIZIK) Postgraduate Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
This is to inform the public that the Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka (UNIZIK) Postgraduate Admission Form for the 2022/2023 Academic Session is now available, check the details for registration below, success.
UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
The following may apply for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma Programs.
- Graduates from approved Universities who hold first-degree classification with FCGPA of 1.51 and above on a 5point scale.
- Candidates from approved Polytechnic or Monotechnic who hold a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Lower Credit.
Master’s Degree Programmes
The following may apply for admission into Master’s Programmes.
- Graduates from approved Universities who hold the appropriate degree in the proposed field of study with a minimum FCGPA of 2.50 on a 5-point scale or a minimum of 45% for Universities that do not use FCGPA.
- For unclassified degrees, candidates are expected to have a minimum overall score of 60%.
- Holders of Postgraduate diplomas in the proposed field of study from recognized institutions with an FCGPA of 3.00 and above (on a 5-point scale).
- Graduates from approved Universities who hold master’s degrees in the proposed field of study and under the advertised courses with an FCGPA of 3.20-3.49 (on a 5-point scale).
Doctor of Philosophy Programmes
- Graduates from approved Universities who hold master’s degrees in the proposed field of study with a minimum FCGPA of 3.50 on a 5-point scale or a minimum of 60% for Universities that do not use the FCGPA.
- For a Ph.D. in Clinical Oncology, candidates are expected to have MBBS and MSc in related disciplines.
Choice of Supervisor
- Candidates are advised to go to this link to view Supervisors’ profiles and to choose a supervisor based on the area of specialty.
MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Candidates for any Postgraduate Programs must possess a minimum of five credits including English Language and any four relevant subjects at one or two sittings from WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, or TC11(Faculty of Education only) based on the Department/Faculty and General University Requirements.
UNIZIK Postgraduate Programmes Duration
Postgraduate Diploma Programme (PGD)
- The Full-Time Postgraduate Diploma program lasts for a minimum of two (2) semesters and a maximum of three (3) semesters.
- The part-Time program shall last for a minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of Six (6) semesters
Note: For the Faculty of Engineering Professional PGD: Full-Time lasts for a minimum of 4 Semesters and a maximum of 6 semesters. Part-Time shall last for a minimum of 6 Semesters and a maximum of 8 semesters
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time Masters Degree programs last for a minimum of three (3) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters.
- The part-time program shall last for a minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of eight (8) semesters.
- Full-Time MPhil/Ph.D. Program is a minimum of two (2) Semesters and a maximum of three (3) Semesters.
- Part-Time Program minimum of three (3) Semesters and a maximum of four(4) Semesters.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Program
- Full-Time Ph.D. programs last for a minimum of six (6) semesters and a maximum of ten (10) semesters.
- The part-Time program shall last for a minimum of eight (8) semesters and a maximum of fourteen (14) semesters
How to Apply for UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission Form
The application form should be completed online by logging onto https://myedu.unizik.edu.ng
- Step 1: Click on Postgraduate School, then select ‘Generate Application form Invoice’
- Step 2: Fill out the Invoice generation form and click on ‘Generate invoice’
- Step 3: After generating the invoice, go to the bank and make the payment or click on Pay with Card to purchase the form with a Debit card.
- Step 4: Obtain your RRR then revisit the Portal: myedu.unizik.edu.ng to complete the Application form.
- Step 5: Download and print your Acknowledgment Form and Transcript Request form to be sent to your former institution for your academic transcripts. Any change of name should be indicated in the transcript form.
Applicants should include the names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three Referees. At least two of the referees must be Academics not lower than the rank of Senior Lecturer.
Ph.D. applicants in submitting their forms shall upload a proposal of not more than five type-written pages that should include:
- Name of Applicant
- Proposed Department and Faculty
- Topic (not more than 18 words)
- Brief Background of the Study
- Aim and Objectives/Purpose
- Expected Outcomes
Application Process for the 2022/2023 Session
- The sale of Forms begins on February 15th, 2022, and ends on 16th September 2022.
- Submission of Form ends on the 19th September
- Transcripts should be forwarded to the Secretary, College of Postgraduate Studies no later than 23rd September 2022.
- Applicants will be invited for the Screening Test from the 28th-30th September 2022 and Proposal Defense (Ph.D. only) on 28th September 2022
- Ph.D. applicants in submitting their forms shall upload a proposal of not more than five type-written pages. (Visit https://unizik.edu.ng/phd-proposal-template/ for the proposal template).