The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2023
THE QUEEN’S COMMONWEALTH ESSAY COMPETITION 2023: UNLEASHING THE POWER OF YOUNG MINDS.
- The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2023 invites young people to explore their power in the global community, celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Commonwealth Youth Programme. Win a trip to London and recognition for your writing skills.
Celebrating 50 Years of the Commonwealth Youth Programme
2023 marks the 50th Anniversary of the Commonwealth Youth Programme, and Commonwealth Heads of Government have declared this year dedicated to youth-led action for sustainable and inclusive development. With 60% of the Commonwealth’s 2.5 billion people under 30, the young demographic represents a dynamic force for change, consisting of exceptional individuals advocating, influencing decisions, and driving action.
The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2023 Theme
This year’s competition asks entrants to explore the power young people hold within the global community and how their potential can be harnessed to make a meaningful impact on the world.
The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition Prizes and Awards
The top two winners from each category will receive a trip to London for a week of educational and cultural events, culminating in a special Awards Ceremony at a royal palace. All successful entries will receive a Certificate of Participation, and several entrants will be awarded Gold, Silver, and Bronze Awards for excellence in writing.
Categories and Topics for The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition
Senior Category (14-18 Years of Age)
- As Head of the Commonwealth, His Majesty The King is opening an international conference on the importance of young people in decision making. Write his speech.
- Does age matter?
- The 2023 Year of Youth was a moment of significant social change – what was its impact on the world?
- Script a dialogue between two people, with contrasting viewpoints, on an issue that divides generations.
Junior Category (Under 14 Years of Age)
- In fiction and throughout history, young people have performed numerous acts of heroism. Choose your favourite young hero and write to them about why you admire them.
- What is your youthful superpower, and how can it make a positive difference to the world?
- You have been stranded on a planet where everyone is 18 or under. Journal your experience.
- Why does your voice matter?
How to Enter The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition
The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition is open for entries between 16 March and 30 June 2023. To enter the competition, visit www.royalcwsociety.org.
Follow @RoyalCWSociety on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for writing tips! For any questions, email email@example.com.