ACADEMIC GOOD NEWS!
Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC Foreign/Local Scholarship 2023 for Postgraduate Studies
This is to inform the public that the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC Foreign/Local Scholarship 2023 for Postgraduate Studies has comm. Check the details below.
The Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, is once again embarking on its Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship Programme to equip our young people with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the Federal Government’s local content program, as well as to enable them to acquire specialization in their fields of study and thus compete globally in various professional disciplines.
The scheme is open to suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelor’s Degrees from recognized Universities in the following fields:
The amount for the foreign scholarship shall be based on the prevailing exchange rate of the Naira.
- Biomedical Engineering
- Software/Aeronautic Space/Aeronautic Engineering
- Marine/Chemical/Petrochemical Engineering
- Civil/Mechanical/Metallurgical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Robotic Engineering
- Information Technology
- Artificial Intelligence
- Medical Sciences/Medicine and Surgery
- Hospitality Management
NDDC Postgraduate Scholarship Eligibility
- Scholars must come from the Niger Delta region
- Possess five Credits at not more than 2 sittings
- Students must obtain a First Class Degree/Second Class Upper Division to benefit from the Scholarship
NDDC Postgraduate Scholarship Selection Process
- Online application on the Commission’s website
- Shortlist candidates using:
- WASSCE/ NECO
- Undergraduate degree (1st Class/Second Class Upper)
- Local Government Identification
- Computer-Based Test to be conducted in each State of the Niger Delta by Consultants. This will test I.Q proficiency in English, Mathematics and General Paper.
- Score a minimum of 70% in the test.
- Shortlist Successful candidates.
- Final verification through the Local Government Areas and Community Development Committees.
How to Apply for NDDC Scholarship
- The application must be made online (FREE) on the Commission’s website (www.nddc.gov.ng) with the following attachments:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification letter
- Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized Overseas/Nigerian University
- Relevant degrees from recognized Universities
- Successfully completed application form will be assigned a registration number automatically
- Print the hard copy of the online generated acknowledgment for ease of reference
- All shortlisted applicants will be posted on the NDDC website (www.nddc.gov.ng)
- Shortlisted candidates will take part in a Computer-Based Test (CBT).
- The Commission (NDDC) will not enter into any form of Communication with candidates who are not shortlisted for the Computer Based Test (CBT), those who are not invited for oral interview or candidates that are not successful during the oral interviews.
- Preferences will be given to candidates from Oil Producing Host/Communities/Local Government Areas as long as candidates meet the approved cut-off mark.
- The Commission will ensure a fair spread of courses amongst beneficiaries within each State.
- Deferment, Change of Institution, and Course are not permitted.
- The Commission reserves the sole and absolute discretion to select in line with the above-stated criteria and its internal consideration. The decision of the Commission in this regard is final.
For further inquiries, please contact:
Director of Education, NDDC